Samsung Odin is the official tool used to flash the firmware on Samsung Android devices. Using this tool, you can easily flash the firmware on your device without any hassle. You can download Odin 3.13.1 here.
Download the Odin utility and flash your custom ROM onto your Samsung Android phone. Once you’ve rooted your device, loading custom ROMs is made easier through Odin, which is used to install firmware on Android devices (especially Samsung).
What is Odin? Why is Odin needed?
Odin Samsung’s product design and development team is a high-powered collective of industry brats with a keen eye for detail, a strict adherence to the end-user experience, and an unwavering commitment to innovation. These tenacious TechStars thrive on innovating the new wave of digital living from their offices in Seoul, South Korea. In fact, their dedication to creating useful apps has been called “Odinous”, by insiders.
Samsung Odin system Requirements – download latest Odin
- Windows XP/Vista/7/10 | 32-Bit and 64-Bit
- LATEST SAMSUNG USB DRIVERS
- ADB & FASTBOOT TOOLS for your device
- Android USB cable to connect android phone to the computer
Enable USB Debugging Mode
You need to enable the USB Debugging mode for connecting the Android device with the PC. So that you can flash the Kernels and ROM.
- Go to the settings of the Android device.
- Tap on the about phone option.
- Select “software information”.
- Now tap 7 times on the build number.
- Toggle the USB Debugging.
Things To Remember Before Flashing
- Back up the important and crucial files.
- Get the USB driver on the PC.
- Turn on the USB debugging mode.
- Get the firmware file as per the device.
- Get the latest Samsung Odin version.
- Make sure the android device is fully charged.
Steps to Flash Device with Odin
- Download the USB driver on the PC.
- Get the stock firmware on your phone.
- Now extract it, and install the driver.
- Boot the phone in Download mode.
- Connect the Android device to the PC through a USB cable.
- It manually detects the device.
- Select the “PDA” or “AP” button.
- Tap on the ‘Start’ button at the bottom
- You can see the ‘Pass’ message signaling the end of the procedure.
- Now boot the phone in Stock Recovery Mode.
- Select the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ option from the displayed menu.
- Select the ‘Reboot System Now from the options.
Misconceptions About Odin
There are various misconceptions about the Odin software Samsung, such as it provides flash custom ROMs, but it is used for flash customer binaries such as TWRP, patched magisk AP boot images, etc. Also, USB Debugging is not related to this tool.
Errors & Solution
- Stuck in Odin mode: Troubleshoot the device and select the DL mode.
- Id Nonfunctional failed: plugin the device again.
- Unable to proceed: Use a suitable USB, check the compatibility with the device.
- Odin Flashing Stock fail: Go to security settings and deselect the reactivation lock.